I love Pinterest, who doesn’t right? However I am often scared to try anything on Pinterest these days because for me they often end in a Pinterest fail. Not this time Pinterest, I will win!
This is an easy project that will make your yard look fabulous and something you’ll be able to brag to all the neighbors about!
First, lets start with the inspiration
… search Pinterest, Google, wherever for the look you are going for.
Second let’s gather our supplies. You will need:
Paint/Stain (if you so choose to)
Stainless Steel Adjustable Clamp (you’ll find it in the plumbing section of your local hardware store) – Size will depend on the size of pots you use. Make sure you bring you pot(s) with you
Drill and Metal Drill Bit
Soil & Fertilizer
- If you are painting/staining your pallet do that first so you can give it the proper amount of time to dry
- Plant your plants in the pots
- Make sure you put some pebbles/rocks in the bottom to help drain the water
- Put some soil and fertilizer in the pot
- Take the plant out of the plastic container and place it in the pot
- Fill the pot with soil
- Drill a hole through the clamps to make it easier to screw into the pallet (must use a metal drill bit)
- Decide where you would like your plants to go on the pallet and screw the clamps into the wood through the hole you just drilled in the clamp (this should go in very easily, if not, switch drill bits and predrill where you would like to screw in the clamp)
- Place the pot into the ring and boom! Keep going until you’ve filled your pallet with as many plants as you would like!