Okay guys, this recipe is about to blow your minds and change your world! As you know I’m a total fan girl for Angela Liddon and her Oh She Glows Cookbook, but she has one recipe for Crispy Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies that will have you wanting to eat the entire batch as soon as humanly possible. Wouldn’t it be nice to finally find a cookie that you don’t feel guilty about eating (3 or 4 at a time 🙂 )? This is that cookie!
Have you seen that new commercial for IPhone that has Cookie Monster? If you haven’t, it’s posted below… it’s amazing! 🙂 My husband jokes every time it comes on that if I had a dobbleganger, that Cookie Monster would be it. Long story short, I love cookies (and cupcakes) and this recipe has my heart.
What do you need to make these cookies from heaven?
* The following list of ingredients and directions are straight from the Oh She Glows Cookbook
1 Tablespoon ground Flaxseed
1/4 Cup Vegan Butter or coconut oil
1/4 Cup roasted almond butter or peanut butter
1/2 Cup Sucanat Sugar or Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Coconut Sugar or Natural Cane Sugar
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
1 Cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats (blended into a flour)
1 Cup Almonds (blended into almond meal)
1/4 Cup Mini Dark Chocolate Chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
How long will it take?
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Bake Time: 12-14 Minutes
What do you need to do?
- Preheat the oven to 350°F . Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a small bowl, mix together the flaxseed and 3 tablespoons water and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken
- With a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitter with the paddle attachment, beat together the vegan butter and almond butter until combined. Add both sugars and beat for 1 minute more. Beat in the flaxseed mixture and vanilla until combined.
- One by one, beat in the baking soda, baking powder, salt, oat flour, and almond meal. The dough should be lightly sticky. If your dough is dry, you can add a touch of almond milk to think it out. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls. If the chocolate chips aren’t sticking to the dough, just press them in with your fingers. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet as you roll them, leaving 2 to 3 inches of space between them. There is no need to flatten the balls as the cookies spread out as they bake.
- Bake for 12-14 Minutes, until golden brown on the bottom. The cookies will be very soft coming out of the oven, but they will harden as they cool. Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool for 10 minutes more. I like to store these in the freezer so they stay nice and crispy.
For tips on this recipe and for more delicious and healthy Oh She Glows recipes, click the link below! Happy baking!